Wyoming Valley Riverfest 2012 CampaignPosted June 15, 2012 | By AJ Zambetti No Comments
The Riverfest is a yearly festival of arts, entertainment, and yes, all things river related. Their biggest draw is the annual Dragon Boat racing. An ancient Chinese secret, now modernized and utilized in festivals around the world.
The challenge was to make a user-focused design that captures the traditional and modern cultures that visit Riverfest each year. So a Swiss layout with a touch of abstract art was the solution. The background art gives light to the many arts and crafts events for the children and also the psychedelic moo to say “hey, there’s live music here!” Utilizing a graphic of a dragon boat was essential to this campaign. So we decided to integrate it in the masthead as well as the corporate sponsorships in the bottom. Whimsically eating the “E” in Riverfest and chasing the sponsors unrelentlessly, the graphic envokes a fun-for-all feel and competitive attitude. This deign in conjunction with natural “river-esque” tones and eye popping yellow makes the poster pop and sizzle in a storefront window or a community bulletin board, completely overshadowing Mom’s Cookie Sale and Raffle Picnic.
This year promises to be great (as you can see by the awesome poster.) and even MLB was debating a dragon boat in this years contest…we will see.
Leave a comment
- Inspirational Career Quotes to Empower
- Congratulations to The Commonwealth Medical College’s first graduating class to receive doctor of medicine degree
- MLB helps The Greater Wilkes-Barre Association for the Blind in its quest to guarantee “Vision Forever”
- Six things all professionals should fit into every workday
- Latona Law is launched
- Welcome to MLB Brandon and Chelsey!